Important Items to Remember for Monday!!!
- Bus departs promptly at 7:00 a.m. (please make sure you are at the school for between 6:30 and 6:45 a.m.
- Bring your passport!!! As you get on the bus Mr. Gill will be collecting the passsports and checking you on the bus.
- If you require an epi-pen, it is your responsibility to make sure it is always with you!!!!!
- If you are bringing any medication on the trip, please see Mrs. Hudani when you arrive on Monday!!!
- When you are packing:
- Don’t forget your Trip Jacket – without it you don’t go on the trip!!!
- No Flip Flops during the day – bring comfortable sandals with backstraps or shoes for wearing during the day. You may wear flip flops at the hotel.
- Electronics – Everyone knows the rules, break them and lose your electronics for the remainder or the trip.
- Bring a small back pack for carrying things during the day…to carry the jacket if it gets too hot, or your water bottle, or whatever…
- Bring a refillable water bottle – buying water or drinks during the day will get VERY EXPENSIVE!!!
- T-shirts are provided for Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday – they will be handed out at breakfast each morning.
- Please make sure to pack clothing for a variety of weather…sometimes it is VERY HOT and other times it can be VERY COLD…remember we are doing a Harbour Cruise at night.
- Other then the t-shirts and jackets, you may wear fashion clothes, as long as they adhere to TPS guidelines.
- Make sure to tell your parents to NOT TO CALL YOU DURING THE DAY!!! -If you are caught using your phone for anything other then pictures during the day you will lose it!
Itinerary for the Trip
Day One – Monday May 11, 2015
6:30 a.m. Arrival at your school of a washroom equipped, climate controlled highway motor coach.
7:00 a.m. Board your motor coach and depart for New York City
PASSENGERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR BRINGING APPROPRIATE IDENTIFICATION TO CROSS THE BORDER !
Stop at Corning Glass Museum for Guided Tour and lunch.
7:00 p.m. – Check in at our accommodation.
Hilton Garden Inn – Secaucus/Meadowlands
875 NJ-3, Secaucus, NJ 07094, United States
Dinner at Chilis (Near the Hotel) – included in trip cost
Return to hotel for a group activity
Day Two – Tuesday, May 12, 2015
Central Park Orientation Tour
Your Tour Leader will lead the group on a stroll through Central Park, the first landscaped public park in the United States. It is one of the urban wonders of the world: a green oasis in the great concrete, high-rise landscape of
New York City.
Visit at The Metropolitan Museum of Art
Established in 1870, the Museum’s collection now contains more than two million works of art from ancient through modern times. It is one of the largest and most prestigious art museums in the world and New York’s most visited attraction.
Grand Central Terminal
Marvel at the beautiful architecture of Grand Central Terminal and explore some of its shops.
Driving Tour of Manhattan
Time at High Line Park
During the driving tour we will take some time to climb up to the park. This elevated space used to be a railway, but after 1980 was saved from demolition to become a public park and art space.
Pizza Dinner – included in trip cost
Broadway Comedy Club
Enjoy an evening of laughs.
Board your motor coach and return to our hotel.
Day Three – Wednesday May 13, 2015
Ferry from New Jersey to Liberty Island
This will give a chance to see the iconic Statue of Liberty up close.
Ferry from Liberty Island to Manhattan
Lunch will be in Soho.
Financial District Orientation Tour
Follow your Tour Leader on a Financial District walking tour. Highlights include Wall Street, Trinity Church and Federal Hall.
911 Memorial and Museum.
Visit Times Square Times Square.
Dinner at Hard Rock Cafe Times Square – included in trip cost
Head out to a Broadway Show. – Broadway Production of “Wicked”
Day Four – Thursday May 14, 2015
Explore the Museum of Natural History
Established in 1869, the American Museum of Natural History is one of the most respected museums in North America. It is the largest science museum in the world, and home to the greatest dinosaur collection anywhere.
Broadway 101 Broadway Classroom.
Rockefeller Center and 5th Avenue.
Shop and browse along 5th Avenue and Rockefeller Center. Don’t miss the Trump Tower,
FAO Schwartz, and St. Patrick’s Cathedral.
Journey to the Top of the Rock.
Walk to MOMA (Museum of Modern Art).
This museum holds the most interesting and interactive art in all of New York City.
Dinner as a group.
Harbour City Lights Cruise.
This is an amazing view of the city-scape and Statue of Liberty.
Board your motor coach and return to our hotel.
Day Five – Friday May 15, 2015
8:00 a.m. Hotel Check Out
Check out of your accommodation and begin loading luggage onto your motor coach.
Board your coach and depart for home.
Lunch will be at the Syracuse Mall.
8:30 p.m. Welcome Home!
Approximate time of arrival at the school.